Terms and Conditions
iShare is a training and development website combined with a social networking service that allows Public Sector employees to create unique personal profiles online in order to search and book training courses across public and private sector organisations in Kent and Medway. The user profile section enables the user to find and communicate with public and private sector employees and is open for public viewing. The service is operated by iShare.
Please choose carefully the information you post on i-share and that you provide to other users and contacts. Any photographs posted by you must not contain nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter. Information provided by other iShare users (for instance, in their Profile) may contain inaccurate, inappropriate or offensive material, products or services and i-share assumes no responsibility nor liability for this material.
iShare reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including email) by you or to restrict, suspend or terminate your access to all or any part of the Website and/or Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice and without liability.
By participating in any offline iShare training, you agree that iShare shall have no liability for any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind including, without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage, either directly or indirectly related to or arising from your participation in any such offline iShare training.
Users in the Service where void is prohibited. By using the Website and the Service, you represent and warrant that all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate and that you agree to maintain the accuracy of such information. You further represent and warrant that you are 16 years of age or older and that your use of iShare shall not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted without warning if it is found that you are misrepresenting your age. Your use of the Service is solely for your personal use and you shall not authorise others to use your account including your profile or email address. You are solely responsible for all Content published or displayed through your account, including any email messages and for your interactions with other members.
This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Website, the Service, and/or User. You may terminate your registration as a User at any time. iShare may terminate your registration as a User for any reason, effective upon sending notice to you at the email address you provide in your registration application or other email address as you may subsequently provide to i-share. By using the Service and by becoming user, you acknowledge that i-share reserves the right to charge for the Service and has the right to terminate registration as a User.
3) Non Commercial Use
The Website is for the personal use of public sector employees in Kent and Medway only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by the management of iShare. Illegal and/or unauthorised use of the Website, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorised framing of or linking to the Website will be investigated. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation are not permitted and will be removed from user profiles without notice and may result in termination of user privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken by i-share for any illegal or unauthorised use of the Website or use of the Website in breach of this Agreement.
4) Intellectual Property Rights in Content on i-share
i-share owns and retains all intellectual property rights in the Website and the Service. The Website contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other intellectual property information of i-share and its licensors. Except for that information which is in the public domain or for which you have been given written permission, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display or sell any such information.
5) Content Posted on the Site
- You understand and agree i-share may review and delete any content, messages, i-share messages, photos or profiles (collectively “Content”) that in the sole judgment of i-share violate this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights of or harm, or threaten the safety of any person.
- You are solely responsible for the Content that you publish or display (hereinafter, “post”) on the Service or any material or information that you transmit to other Users.
- By posting any Content to the public areas of the Website, you hereby grant to i-share the non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, publicly perform and display such Content on the Website. This licence will terminate at the time you remove such Content from the Website. You also consent to us processing any personal data contained within your Content. If at any time you are concerned that any personal data relating to you displayed on the Website is incorrect, please do not hesitate to contact i-share in order to correct such information.
- The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited on the Website. i-share reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Website and terminating the registration as a User of such violators. Prohibited Content includes Content that:
- Is patently offensive , pornographic, illegal, defamatory, obscene, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual or which is otherwise unlawful or designed to cause disruption to any computer systems or networks;
- Harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- Involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”;
- Promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- Promotes an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programmes or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- Contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- Provides material that exploits people under the age of 18, particularly in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- Provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- Solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- Involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes.
- You must use the Service in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- You must not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, any User to buy or sell any products or services through the Service. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Users. Although i-share cannot monitor the conduct of Users off the Website, it is also a violation of these terms to use any information obtained from the Service in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any User without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect Users from such advertising or solicitation, i-share reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a User may send to other Users in any 24-hour period to a number which i-share deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
- You must not cover or obscure the headings on your personal profile page, or any i-share page via HTML/CSS or any other means.
- Any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add contacts, is prohibited.
- You must not attempt to impersonate another User or person who is not a member of i-share
- You must not use the account, username, or password of another User at any time nor may you disclose your password to any third party or permit any third party to access your account.
- You must not sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
6) Copyright Policy
You must not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other intellectual property without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such material. Nothing on this Website or your use of the Services shall be construed as conferring any licence or other rights in respect of the intellectual property rights of the owners of such material. It is the policy of i-share to terminate the registration of any User who knowingly or recklessly infringes copyright upon prompt notification to i-share by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website; your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you upon which i-share will rely, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. i-share’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached via the email address in the contacts section.
7) User Disputes
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other i-share Users. i-share reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users.
8) User Bookings
By booking a place with a training provider, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions outlined by the individual provider. This includes cancellation, changes and non-attendance.
i-share is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Website or in connection with the Service provided, whether caused by users of the Website or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Service. i-share is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Website or User of the Service. i-share assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, any User communication. i-share is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Users or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Website and/or in connection with the Service. i-share makes no warranty that the Website is free from infection by viruses or anything else which has contaminative or destructive properties and shall have no liability in respect thereof. Under no circumstances shall i-share be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the Website or the Service or from any Content posted on the Website or transmitted to Users, or any interactions between users of the Website, whether online or offline. The Website and the Service are provided “AS-IS” and i-share expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. i-share cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Website and/or the Service.
10) Limitation on Liability
In no event shall i-share be liable to you or any third party for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages including lost profit damages arising from your use of the website or the service, even if i-share has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Not withstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, i-share’s liability to you for any loss whatsoever and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to amount paid, if any, by you to i-share for the Service.
If there is any dispute about or involving the Website and/or the Service, by using the Website, you agree that any dispute shall be governed by the laws of England without regard to conflict of law provisions and you agree to personal jurisdiction by and venue in England.
You agree to indemnify and hold i-share, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Service in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above.
This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the Website and is further affirmed by you registering as a User. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and i-share regarding the use of the Website and/or the Service. The failure of i-share to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Please contact us with any questions regarding this Agreement. i-share is a trademark of the Workforce Development Project as managed by Medway Council.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.