iShare training and development website is one of the outcomes of a 3 year project to address workforce planning and capacity building across Kent and Medway.
A partnership in funding collaboration between all the councils in Kent and the then Regional Improvement Partnership, Improvement and Efficiency South East (IESE), the priorities of the project focussed on;
- Improving the sharing of talent & knowledge across the public sector in Kent and Medway.
- Developing a pan Kent & Medway public sector workforce plan.
- Identifying & working together on areas of common interest around workforce planning and capacity building.
Through consultation, funded by IESE, it has been identified that Kent has an ageing local Government workforce, there are challenges surrounding recruitment and retention, and training activity across Kent is delivered in isolation, is expensive and has no cohesion. It is believed that by working together, the benefits both in terms of economies of scale and joint procurement of training provision will result in a coherent workforce strategy equipping Kent with a workforce fit for the future.
The Workforce Development Project Vision Statement
We will work together to have a skilled workforce that will meet the needs of the community, now and in the future.
- Ashford Borough Council
- Canterbury City Council
- Dartford Borough Council
- Dover District Council
- East Sussex County Council
- Gravesham Borough Council
- Improvement and Efficiency South East
- Kent County Council
- Kent and Medway Care Alliance
- Kent and Medway NHS Partnership Trust
- Kent Police
- Kent Probation Service
- Kent Improvement and Efficiency Partnership
- Kent Safeguarding Children Board
- Local Government Improvement and Development - IDEA
- Medway Adult and Community Learning Service
- Medway College of Social Care
- Medway Safeguarding Children Board
- Medway Primary Care Trust
- Medway Community Healthcare
- Medway Schools
- Maidstone Borough Council
- Medway Council
- Pilgrims Hospice
- Sevenoaks District Council
- Shepway District Council
- South East Employers
- South East Coast Strategic Health Authority
- Swale Borough Council
- Thanet District Council
- Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council
- Tunbridge Wells Borough Council
- Kent Fire and Rescue Service
- West Kent Primary Care Trust
iShare continues to evolve, reflecting the needs of the partners. Latest functionality includes a Policies and Procedures library, a Community of Practice and a News section.
In September 2011 we launched iShare Mentoring, where users can search across organisations for mentors and mentees.